Applica Consumer Products, Inc. is a diversified marketer and distributor of small kitchen appliances and personal care products for use in and outside the home. Applica markets products under licensed brand names such as Black & Decker®, and company-owned brand names such as Applica®, Windmere®, Littermaid® and Belson®.
Faced with competitive pressure, retailer consolidation and margin degradation, Applica realized that the organization needed a flexible business and cost model. A new business operating model was needed to address areas critical to future success such as Business Process Efficiency, Standardization of Core Systems and Infrastructure, Global View of Supply and Demand, and Foundation for Decision Support.
Applica partnered with Auxis to design, select and implement new business infrastructure driven by business strategy, future state processes, and business requirements. This included:
- Designing and implementing a business infrastructure (process, technology, and organizational) that supported optimal core business operations
- Establishing the strategic business objectives on which systems decisions could be evaluated
- Identifying and prioritizing key functional and technical requirements and develop an implementation timeline for process improvement and technology enhancement Implementing an enterprise technology platform that properly supported operations and increased efficiency
- Utilizing a structured, disciplined approach and methodology for software selection and implementation
- Developing the necessary processes and systems infrastructure to assist in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
Applica’s results from the project included
- Reduced Inventory
- Increased Order Fill-Rates
- Improved Sales
- Cost Savings
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Operational Flexibility