Preeminent full-service $700M healthcare staffing provider assisting more than 3,000 medical and health facilities throughout the United States and Caribbean. Client has an aggressive growth plan, fueled by acquisitions, to grow revenue to $1B by 2020.
Client looked to Auxis to help prepare for change from heavily customized, home-grown legacy systems to off-the-shelf, configurable staffing solution. Client needed support in evaluating and documenting its readiness for multi-phased, transformational system implementation and process change.
Client operates in a complex technical environment comprised of 20+ integrated systems coupled with a equally complex business environment made up of seven different business units. A lack of flexibility and scalability of existing systems was preventing the Client from reaching its full growth potential. In addition, a lack of system documentation placed heavy reliance on the institutional knowledge of a tenured workforce and made onboarding challenging and time-consuming.
Auxis created a consolidated project plan and cost estimate that included:
- Introducing Project Management practices and strong project governance structure
- Obtaining detailed understanding of current state processes
- Working with vendor to understand future state system functionality
- Identifying system gaps and expected process variations
- Identifying process improvement opportunities
- Developing approach to Change Management & Training to ensure successful transition
- Coordination of project milestones across workstreams
The Auxis team worked closely with subject matter experts to create detailed documentation of existing processes and potential opportunities for process improvement, accomplishing the following:
- Identified and documented integration points with critical internal and third-party systems
- Highlighted key reports and KPIs to inform future state reporting and tracking needs
- Worked with key business leaders to formulate and prioritize list of future state business requirements
- Identified functionality gaps and required custom development needs
- Created well documented go-live, training and change management plans to minimize business disruption
- Prepared a consolidated project plan that includes vendor custom development, internal IT development and cross-team dependencies, as well as process redesign and improvement activities required to ensure a smooth system transition and organizational transformation